EVERYTHING ABOUT RAMSAY HUNT SYNDROME
Ramsay Hunt syndrome is a disease that is quite similar to Bell's Palsy but a little bit different because some ugly changes take in one side of the ear and in this after reading this blog you will know everything about this disease including treatment.
What is Ramsay Hunt Syndrome?
If someone has paralysis on one side of the face in a condition where a person cannot move his eye, mouth, or even eyebrow on one side of the face then it is Bell's Palsy but if even red rashes and pain are appearing on the ear of the same side then a person is suffering from Ramsay Hunt Syndrome.
This disease is getting really famous nowadays and it is trending right now because the big singer Justin Bieber recently shows that he is suffering from Ramsay Hunt syndrome which makes this popular on the internet below is an image of Justin Bieber suffering from Ramsay Hunt syndrome.
This disease actually caused by the herpes zoster virus which is also responsible to caused shingles and chickenpox.
How does Ramsay Hunt Syndrome work?
Ramsay Hunt syndrome causes because by herpes zoster virus and attacks the nerve which controls all facial movement it lies behind the ear and it controls everything including eyebrow movement, eye blinking, upper lip control, lower lip control and covers the chin.
This nerve is divided into five branches and each branch controls different facial movements herpes zoster virus damages all branches that are causing a person Ramsay Hunt syndrome because the facial nerve is connected to the vestibulocochlear nerve of the brain so even this nerve affects a person suffers from following symptoms of Ramsay Hunt syndrome listed below.
Symptoms of Ramsay Hunt syndrome
1. Same-sided sudden hearing loss means the ear where rashes are appearing and pain can even give you sudden hearing loss and if anything like this happens with you then it could be Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
2. Tinnitus is another symptom where you hear ringing noises in your ears for some time but nearly 15 to 20 percent of the world population suffered from it so maybe it could be that you have Tinnitus but Ramsay Hunt syndrome in many cases still can't overlook it.
3. Vertigo is another symptom that is common in many diseases and conditions.
4. Painful vesicular lesions on the anterior tongue or hard palate.
These are symptoms by which you can indicate if you are suffering from Ramsay Hunt syndrome or not.
Treatment of Ramsay Hunt syndrome
Ramsay Hunt syndrome treatment should start on the 3rd day of symptoms begin because it increases the chances of treating the disease more quickly and completely below are some treatments for Ramsay Hunt syndrome.
1. Oral steroids -> they are one of the three types of steroids and they are used to cure many diseases.
2. Anti-viral meds -> there are different anti-viral meds for different diseases including covid.
3. Neuro-modulating drugs ->. these drugs help to improve the activity of the brain and nerves.
4. Physical therapy -> this therapy helps to relieve pain and to function the body in a better way.
Skin care treatment for rashes in the ear
In this blog, you learn everything about the Ramsay Hunt syndrome necessary for common folk and including treatments for both disease and rashes I hope this helps you a lot, and please don't forget to comment and tell me if you like it or not.